About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500 existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for an Executive Director to join our Independent Living community Discovery Commons at College Park.
About the Opportunity:
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Hospitality Focused
- High Energy
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Very strong external marketing skills
- Responsible for the operation and management of the community in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Owners/Board of Directors, Discovery Management Group, and federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- Communicates and models a clear, customer focused vision, based upon a resident centered model of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and build relationships within the local area that drives businesses into the community, as well as effectively price the product, thereby maximizing top-line revenue growth and achieves appropriate market position.
- Ensures the community has an effective external business development strategy in place, with clear accountabilities assigned, is able to articulate results and adjust plan accordingly to maximize referral leads and move-ins.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents; ensures compliance.
- Ensures all resident administrative files are well maintained, current and in compliance with state regulations.
- Meets the financial targets with the goal to maximize capital partners return.
- Functional knowledge of all operating programs including memory care, clinical, dining and social programs.
- Prepares, adheres to the community budget.
- Ensures budgeted revenue is achieved or exceeded by maximizing occupancy and room rate.
- Reviews monthly financial statements, implements plans of action for deficiencies.
- Manages key, non-labor operating costs in line with budgeted levels.
- Processes and submits monthly expenses and budget data timely per policies and internal business controls.
- Meets NOI and occupancy expectations.
- Oversees all departments, maintaining full responsibility for efficient operations and compliance with the financial goals established in the approved Operating Budget.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Hospitality, Hospital Administration, or Health related field.
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience preferably in the senior living, health care or hospitality industries.
- Previous management experience including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision and discipline.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Demonstration of success in managing operating expenses.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.