Westminster Communities of Florida, a nationally recognized not-for-profit church-related organization, is seeking an experienced Executive Director for a 240-unit CCRC located close to downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. This position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills, for this individual is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the community.
JOB SUMMARY: Directly accountable for the administration of the community to ensure fulfilling the Mission statement, and the provision of quality daily services to the residents (as determined by the Board of Directors and Management Support Services); maintain all operational and quality standards as developed and promulgated by MSS; preserve the community and grounds, develop and train employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementation and maintenance of all policies established by the Board of Directors and Management Support Services’ offices.
- Maintaining all the standards established by the organization.
- Completing all contractual obligations between the organization and the residents.
- Compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of the community.
- Selecting, employing, monitoring, developing, and evaluating department heads in conjunction with the appropriate Management Support Services Directors/Coordinators.
- Recommending annual capital and operational budget, budget revisions, and amendments following prescribed Management Services accounting procedures.
- Adhering to the approved budget, submitting monthly variance reports, and approving all major purchases and invoices.
- The maintenance of all physical properties of the community to ensure they are kept in good repair and operating conditions.
- Providing positive liaison between the residents, community staff, and Management Support Services personnel.
- Oversee the marketing department and provide timely resale of vacated apartments to insure proper utilization of the community’s assets.
- Involvement in the local community in which the retirement community is located to develop positive relationships with local churches, agencies, and organizations for cooperation and support of the organization.
- Performing any other duty within the express or implicit terms of the duties herein that may be necessary for the best interest of the corporation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the listed essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
B.S. or M.S. in a health related or business major, a Florida NHA license, and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an executive director in a CCRC, preferably in a multi-facility organization.