Grand Traverse Engineering, Security, and Technology Solutions (GTBEST) is a subsidiary of Grand Traverse Economic Development (GTED), a fast-growing company with opportunities to learn and advance. We are seeking an energetic applicant who can meet and exceed the below goals. We are looking for someone who has the drive to succeed, and the desire to be part of a team.
We are currently seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for our Traverse City, MI location.
This position is exempt (salary).
Wages commensurate with experience.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL:
- Provide leadership and management to ensure the mission and core values of the company and GTB are properly put into practice for GTBEST, and future business endeavors.
- Responsible for building the Company by increasing its assets and operations, developing its personnel, and helping to set and attain business goals and objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company. Direct management of personnel within the Company, including mentoring and career development.
- Oversee all operational areas of GTBEST through supervision of subsidiary managers, as well as other key personnel.
- Adhere to sound business principles in managing activities that generate income; monitor internal controls in all activities to maintain financially stable conditions, while promoting economic growth.
- Carry out objectives and policies adopted by the GTED Board of Directors
- Reports to the CEO of GTED on the GTED Board's behalf, consistent with the Company's charter and operating documents.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Must understand the strategic vision, as set forth by GTED Board and GTED CEO, and be able to carry out business matters while keeping the mission and culture of GTBEST intact.
- Must be able to respond to common inquires or complaints from the GTED CEO and GTED Board, partnering agencies, and members of the associated business community
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Must develop weekly business development and operations management updates for the GTED CEO and twice a month status summary reports to the GTED CEO and GTED Board at the direction of the GTED CEO.
- Must working closely with GTED VP of HR and CFO on any GTBEST personnel HR matters, and any financial matters of GTBEST, including development of an annual operating budget for submission to the GTED CEO and GTED Board as part of the overall GTED annual budget submittal; as well as
- Must make ethically sound decisions and act as a positive reflection of the company.
- Must lead business development and associated proposal efforts of the company including research of government and commercial RFIs, RFP's, RFQs, Grant opportunities, etc. listed on MEDC website, FBO.Gov, GovWin, Grants.Gov, agency specific websites, and other government contracting and grants resources available
ADDITIONALLY, THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO HAVE:
- Masters Degree preferred but must have a Bachelor's degree at a minimum;
- Five to ten years of comparable business experience, or a lower amount of especially pertinent or desired experience in engineering and/ or security, as well as in Government Business Development for contracts and Grants;.
- Experience with at least three of the following: engineering, security, government business development, business mergers and acquisitions, SBA 8a Program requirements and benefits, Human Resources management, marketing, business planning, and financial assessment and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience working in a Native American Business Environment.
- Experience in federal contracting and procurement is preferred
- Experience with applying and receiving Tribal SBA Section 8 (a) designations.
- A Valid Driver's License
- Must be insurable with GTED insurance carrier.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great Pay
- Amazing Team
- Excellent Management
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Flex Spending Account
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Long Term Disability (employer sponsored)
- Short Term Disability (Voluntary)
GTED is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
**The following preferences are applied; however, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply:
Relatives and Guardians of Members of a Federally Recognized Tribe