AMR Management Services (headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky) is regularly seeking talented Executive Directors to join our team of experienced association leaders and innovators.
The Executive Director at AMR will be responsible for directly carrying out the plans, goals, objectives, and directives of the assigned client partner association(s) within the scope of the AMR Annual Workplan. The Executive Director will provide the leadership and direction necessary to sustain the growth of AMR and their assigned client-partner association(s).
Flexibility to accommodate the schedules of association leaders will be essential. The position will require availability for evening and weekend calls/meetings and occasional travel for conferences and board events.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Board and other volunteer leaders in establishing and achieving organizational objectives
- Manage association programs
- Work to advance strategic goals and help identify potential barriers to success
- Develop and implement policies to enhance operational excellence and build trust
The ideal candidate(s) will have demonstrated experience leading/managing a membership-based association and will provide professional experience in board and committee management, operations, finance, and the areas described in the key responsibilities below. The successful candidate will be customer service focused and driven by the passion to contribute to the continued success of our organization and our client’s organization.
- Ensures that programs, activities, and services are performed to achieve client satisfaction and meet AMR’s obligations as agreed upon in the annual workplan.
- Assists the association’s board, officers and committees in fulfilling their responsibilities and furthering association initiatives.
- Forecasts conditions, assesses member needs, and allocates resources appropriately.
- Assist in setting strategic goals and manages the programs to achieve them.
- Serves as the main point of contact between the AMR staff and association leadership.
- Schedules, attends and participates in board and committee meetings and manages agendas, materials, reports and tracking of outcomes.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the association(s), as assigned.
- Manages relationships with affiliated organizations and the media.
- Manages financial matters, assists in establishing the budget, and ensures that revenues and expenses are monitored against the budget.
- Establishes and implements policies and ensures compliance with bylaws.
- Ensures the ethical and prudent operation of the association and AMR resources.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships between AMR and the client.
- Informs AMR Executive Management of any known or anticipated exceptions to expected outcomes on workplan commitments.
- Maintains AMR’s internal best practices and standard client service operating procedures.
- May serve as a supervisor of other AMR employees, which requires effective communication and evaluation of performance expectations, measures and results.
- Maintains paper and electric documents according to records retention policies and timelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including teamwork, coaching, writing, listening and speaking
- Capable of developing new initiatives from concept through implementation
- Capable of continuous improvement initiatives of existing programs
- Demonstrate the core competencies of communication, productivity, quality, responsiveness, and leadership
- Knowledge of application of technology
- Knowledge of the association management company industry and the marketplace that supports the association management industry.
- Ability to guide, direct, and manage multiple projects within department and with other staff members to achieve project goals on time and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of association management terminology and concepts.
- Ability to respond to common association management inquiries from staff, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manuals, legal documents, technical reports, professional journals, and industry/trade magazines.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, business math, and analytical skills.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of association management experience, with at least three years in either an Executive Director or Associate Director position.
- Demonstrated success in overall management of a membership-based organization.
- Medical association/society experience a preference
- CAE certification a plus
AMR is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our team. In response to COVID-19 concerns, we have moved our workforce to remote status on a temporary basis. This shift provides our team with the needed flexibility and peace of mind without any interruption to client service, work quality, or commitment.to excellence.
AMR provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous amount of Paid Time Off, Flexible Work schedules in addition to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, and 401(k).
If you are interested in joining a growing company committed to serving clients while providing employees with opportunities for growth, development and flexible working arrangements then please apply by submitting cover letter, resume and salary requirements for confidential consideration.