OMNI is honored to be retained by the Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness in their search for an exceptional executive to lead the organization as Executive Director.
The Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness works diligently to facilitate the coordination of metro-wide community responses that will end homelessness. GKCCEH is the lead advocacy, collaboration, funding, and training resource for agencies providing services to the homeless. GKCCEH also serves as the lead agency for providing data regarding the number of homeless and types of services provided in Kansas City.
This position reports directly to an energized and committed Board of Directors. Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the membership of the GKCCEH to effectively manage the community’s resources directed to end homelessness within the Jackson/Wyandotte Counties Continuum of Care (COC).
- Represent the GKCCEH effectively and serve as an advocate working with various political and coordinating entities to advocate/educate regarding homeless issues and direct all fund development efforts.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- The Executive Director is directly responsible for assuring that the HUD CoC application process is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Serve as chief spokesperson for the organization. Actively engage and energize the staff, members, volunteers and board members.
- Demonstrated success in a visionary leadership role within an organization of comparable size, scope, and complexity. Both non-profit and corporate executives will be considered. Experience working within the homelessness sector is highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the COC, HMIS and Consolidated Plan processes, federal, state and private funding resources, and issues related to homelessness.
- Requires passion, resilience, and grit.
- Demonstrated success with fundraising efforts, advocacy, and awareness, and building partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, funding sources, volunteers, and donors both public and private.
- Strong financial acumen & demonstrated success in managing general business management functions including operations, systems, accounting functions, reporting, and related functional areas.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a team, as well as align volunteers, and a Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.