The John A. Logan College Board of Trustees invites applications for the position of President. Established in 1967, John A. Logan College is a comprehensive community college located in Carterville, Illinois. The President reports directly to the seven-member Board of Trustees.
The next President of John A. Logan College must possess the educational background, professional experience, and ideal characteristics necessary to lead the entire operation of the College. The College is seeking a dedicated and motivational leader who is skilled at building and maintaining strong internal/external relationships while inspiring faculty, staff, and students to build a stronger future for the College. Candidates must possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution and five years of administrative experience.
The successful candidate must:
- Strive to uphold the College's mission, vision, core values, and approved policies while providing direction along with responsible decision making.
- Build collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, K-12, higher education institutions, businesses, partners, and community members while demonstrating high levels of character, integrity, and responsiveness.
- Promote and support diversity and inclusion through equity and respect.
- Promote student success in preparation for transfer or career opportunities.
- Possess demonstrated experience in academic affairs, student life, and athletic programs and remain actively involved in the life of the institution.
- Be an effective communicator and presenter to the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, student body, business leaders, community members, and the media.
- Possess leadership skills that can facilitate change through diversity and inclusion, strategic planning, master planning, sustainable financial planning, and innovative technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to enrollment, program growth, the development of new innovative programs, procurement of funding sources, and grant opportunities.
- Possess demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial management, fundraising, capital projects, economic development, and community service.
- Demonstrate experience with the accreditation process and working with state and federal governmental agencies.
- Understand the history of higher education, along with developing trends.
Applicants should provide an application, cover letter describing his/her qualifications, abilities, and interest in the position, a resume or CV, the names and contact information for three professional references, a copy of all transcripts, and three letters of professional recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below.
John A. Logan College
Office of Human Resources
700 Logan College Drive
Carterville, Illinois 62918