An exciting leadership opportunity exists at a progressive, comprehensive technical college located in northwestern South Carolina. The College, located in the largest and most diverse region of the technical college system, serves a population of more than 258,467 in a seven-county service area that features a diverse mixture of industries including manufacturing, forestry and agriculture.
The Presidential Search Committee for Piedmont Technical College (PTC), one of sixteen colleges comprising the South Carolina Technical College System, invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the Chief Executive Officer of the College.
Founded in 1966 and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, PTC is a comprehensive two-year college with its main campus located in Greenwood, South Carolina. With more than 80 programs, PTC offers university-level education and hands-on career training in a variety of career studies programs that prepare students directly for the workforce, continuing education courses for personal and professional development, and a university transfer curriculum designed to fulfill the first two years of a bachelor’s degree at four-year colleges and universities. The 2019 combined student population of the College is 4,747 with an FTE enrollment of 3,084. The College employs a permanent faculty and staff of 270.
PTC has seven campuses serving Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry and Saluda counties. Geographically, PTC is approximately ninety minutes from Columbia, SC; four hours from Myrtle Beach, SC; three hours from historic Charleston, SC; three hours from Atlanta, GA.; two hours from Charlotte, NC; and two hours from the mountains of North Carolina.
- Master’s degree required; earned doctorate preferred; and
- Ten years of experience as an academic executive and/or administrative leader, preferably in a technical or community college setting.
The Piedmont Technical College Area Commission is seeking a high-energy, ethical, visionary and collaborative leader who possesses the following:
- An open, proactive, creative and entrepreneurial style of leadership that embraces a team environment in decision making and collaborative partnerships;
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budget development and administration;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative high quality technical/occupational educational programs;
- Sensitivity to the educational, economic, and cultural needs of a diverse population;
- Evidence of the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with legislators, business, industry, the general public, civic and political organizations, other educational and governmental entities;
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with boards and commission; and
- Familiarity with Six Sigma Lean Management principles.
Piedmont Technical College is in Group III of the South Carolina Technical College System. The salary offered is based on experience and other factors and is determined by the SC Agency Head Salary Commission. The salary range for Group III is $152,256 to $236,026. Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume or vitae to: