The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President East Los Angeles College (ELAC). The Board is seeking a well-qualified candidate to provide executive leadership and advocacy for the college, to be responsible and directly accountable for all college operations, and to be a district team member of the Chancellor's cabinet. The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the primary mission of the community college, which includes transfer and career and technical education, as well as basic skills preparation and community service programs. The President must embrace the rich diversity of ELAC and facilitate an environment of social justice, racial equity and meaningful inclusion for all students, employees, and the broader community.
• Master's degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application.
• One year of successful full-time experience in a senior leadership position in education, business, industry or government, preferably as a college or university administrator.
• A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of district faculty, staff and students.
The current salary range is $206,836 - $256,234 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, comprehensive medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans, and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To be considered for this position, and to review the full position announcement and to file application please click on the following link:
All applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed LACCD application.
2. A letter of application of no more than five pages is requested.
3. A current résumé of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
4. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
5. Copies of transcript(s) (official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview). Documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications after September 11, 2020, however, applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on September 11, 2020. For additional information, contact LACCD Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com
All confidential inquires and nominations should be directed to search consultants of CCSS, Stan Carrizosa, firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-740-8540.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://laccd.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=6&id=899
LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer